Social media manager jobs might sound easy but trust me, they require an equal amount of focus and effort as any other manager job. You have to have enough expertise in social media management before you do it for some other clients.
Loosely translated will depend on how many followers you have, how much consistent you are in sharing a post, and how interactive you are with your followers on those posts. This is the social media manager job description that will prepare you for this new role.
- 1 A Complete Definition Of Freelance Social Media Manager
- 2 Social Media Manager Job Description
- 3 How To Start Your Career As A Freelance Social media Manager? A Step-By-Step Guide
- 4 How Much Money Can You Make In Social Media Manager Jobs?
- 5 Where Do You Find Social Media Manager Jobs?
- 6 The Bottom Line
A Complete Definition Of Freelance Social Media Manager
A freelance social media manager is the owner of his own business who has several clients. They guide businesses to manage their social media page on several occasions. Rather than working in a company as a social media manager on salary, freelance social media managers can earn a lot more.
Employed social media managers manage the social media account of one company for whom they are working. But, freelance social media managers can take up as many clients as they want and can provide them full-time or part-time assistance in social media management.
You just need to have a good social media account of your own, a stable internet connection, and a laptop to undertake this job role.
Social Media Manager Job Description
You will be surprised to know how many businesses struggle to market their products and services on social media. That is where a social media expert comes to the rescue. Your job as a social media manager will be to help the company stay socially active. You will help the company navigate the social media world and engage with the audience more.
A social media expert posts content about the company’s new products and services. They create content that will express their brand message and be engaging enough for the audience.
Monitoring the social media channels and checking the lead conversion rate is a primary duty in social media manager jobs. If you want to be a social media manager, it is better to start working under a company and build your client base later.
There are several areas of specialization in social media management. Some will focus on one specific social media channel, whereas some will focus on unique strategies to market the products equally on every platform.
In addition, many social media managers undertake the role of social advertising in their social media manager job description. It means they will advertise new products on social media channels first rather than just describing your brand’s story.
How To Start Your Career As A Freelance Social media Manager? A Step-By-Step Guide
Before the fun starts, there are many proper steps to maintain if you want to take social media management as your permanent career. The steps are;
Step 1: Register Yourself As Self-Employed
This is the most crucial step. Fill out an employment form with the government. It depends upon which country you stay in, and generally, filing up a form and tax requirements is all that you need to do.
Step 2: Open A Bank Account
If you work as a social media manager, it is essential that you open a different account for business purposes. You don’t have to go through many bank statements to find out your business expenses to keep your personal and professional accounts separate.
Step 3: Set Up Your Website
Create your website with simple navigation that will highlight who you are and what kinds of service you provide to clients. Create an online presence on this website by publishing the link on your social media accounts. In addition, you can post some of your works on the website so that clients can get an idea of your expertise.
Step 4: Figure Out The Essential Tools
If you have a couple of business tools from the start, your journey as a social media manager will be a whole lot easier. Get access to a social media scheduling tool, a project management tool, and an invoicing tool to make your business look professional.
Step 5: Determine Your Rate
Look into the rating scheme of other social media managers and set up a standard rate for your own. You can also ask for their help if you know someone good at social media manager jobs.
Step 6: Expand Your Networking
Finally, it’s time for you to find some clients. You must network with your clients and with fellow social media managers with equal effort. It will spread words about your business in the digital spectrum, and you might get a lot of clients through referrals.
How Much Money Can You Make In Social Media Manager Jobs?
Like any other manager job, a person’s salary working in social media management also varies from company to company and time to time. It entirely depends upon how many projects you take in a month, how many clients you choose, what your rate is, and what are your market feedbacks.
If you are new to this domain, as a social media manager, you can charge from $250-$500 to a small business monthly. However, if the company is large and has an excellent reputation as a social media manager, you can charge $2,500 to $5,000/ month. But, again, it will depend upon the company’s size and your reputation.
You can also set a standard price for every project if you want, and that can either increase or decrease your monthly earning. For example, in the U.S., freelancers who work in social media management make $50000 per month. However, in the United Kingdom, they earn approx £40,000 per month.
Where Do You Find Social Media Manager Jobs?
- You can use Google Search to find out social media management jobs in your location. In addition, you can use a variety of keywords to strengthen your search. For example, freelance social media manager jobs, social media management jobs, manager jobs in the social media department could be your keywords.
- One of the best professional networking sites for job hunting is LinkedIn. You can post on your profile that you are looking for a social media manager job, and you will get some replies against it. Moreover, there are many recruiters available on LinkedIn who are waiting for candidates like you, so utilize this platform carefully.
- Twitter offers several job opportunities. Just type freelance social media manager in the search bar, and see what pops up. You can also use hashtags before the keywords to look for a job in the social media management domain.
- The regular job portals like Times jobs, Indeed, Shine, and many more offer job opportunities regularly. Just update your profile on these portals and mention what kind of job you are looking for. It is bound to give you some good search results, and there will be ample social media management job roles that you can apply for.
The Bottom Line
For all my social media addicts out there, this can be your serious carrier option if you are good at social media management. You don’t need to have a lot of degrees from famous universities. However, you need to have ample experience to start your career as a social media manager. You can also start earning from a young age if you are good at it. Just follow these simple steps and be prepared to set up a benchmark in social media management.
- Google Chrome Task Manager: Everything You Need To Know
- How To Change Your Reddit Username? A Step By Step Guide
- How To Become A Social Media Consultant In 2021? The Ultimate Guide