Can you use an eyebrow gel everyday? Absolutely!!!
If you call it obsession, I call it my eyebrows! This is the level of possessive that I am for my eyebrows. There is nothing more that I like to do than define my eyebrows. Every morning, even if I am not doing my makeup, I will have to make sure that I am doing my brows.
Moreover, why not? They are the most defining features of your face. You will be surprised to know how much your brows affect the shape of your face and the way you look. Therefore, I spend a good amount of time on my eyebrows. And you should, too!
However, a lot of people kind of find it difficult to do their brows properly with an eyebrow powder or an eyebrow pomade. I know this struggle. It took me months to realize that I was walking around looking like Shinchan. But it is okay. We all learn from our mistakes, after all. This is where an eyebrow gel becomes your pal. Trust me on this. If you are not that good at drawing or defining your eyebrows, an eyebrow gel is exactly what you need.
Why? Well, you need to stay with me till the end to find out. So, without any further delay, let us get started!!!
What Is An Eyebrow Gel?
In the simplest of words, an eyebrow gel is a mascara for your brows. I mean, you have surely seen how amazing your lashes look after that single coat of mascara. Like it takes your brows to a completely different level. Now imagine the same for your brows.
A product that not only defines your lashes but also keeps them in shape for the rest of the day. I mean, isn’t that a dream come true? Oh, they are waterproof too!! Now, you can finally run through the streets of New York while it pours down and not worry about your brows melting all over your face.
An eyebrow gel helps in tinting and shaping your brows all simultaneously And in a way, you want it. It also helps you tidy your eyebrow hairs and keep them accurately in place, a lot like a hairspray, only you can use a hairspray everyday. While an eyebrow gel was originally curated for people to tame their bushy brows, it has now become a favorite among the people who love doing their brows.
How Can You Use Eyebrow Gel Like A Pro?
Well, this step is a little tough. I mean, doing anything with your brows for the first time is a little difficult. There is no shame in accepting that you are going to mess things up. You will end up looking like Shinchan, but that is okay. No one can ever do it on the first go. It takes time to master the art.
It is important that you are using tools that are easy for you to use. Do not jump into using the fancy products at first time. Start with something simple. The first time is not for mastering. It is for learning. Therefore, there is no need for you to spend thousands on a product that you are trying out for the first time.
A Step-By-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide that you may consider while using an eyebrow gel as a beginner:
- The first step should always be your skincare routine. Do your regular CTM (cleansing, toning, moisturizing) at the beginning.
- For grooming your eyebrows, you may use a pair of tweezers to take off any hair that may be protruding from your skin. Then, comb your brows with the brush comb in an upward direction.
- Make the outer edge of the brows more distinct by outlining it with a thin brush and a tinted brow gel. Then, apply the eyebrow gel to the whole of the brow arch in a sloping motion.
- Then, take a spoolie and brush the gel in your brows from the bottom up. This will make your brows look a lot more natural.
- If you apply a tinted eyebrow gel with an angled thin brush, it will help you fill in your brows.
- You may use a dab of your regular concealer to define your eyebrows even more. Just take a small about on a flat or angular brush and drag it along the curve of your brows. Blend it softly to make sure you do not ruin the brows.
- Then, go on to complete the rest of your makeup routine.
Maribeth Mardon, Maybelline New York’s global eyebrow expert, mentioned that the ultimate way to apply eyebrow gel is to
“first de-saturate the brush with additional product, and then brush it in the opposite direction of hair growth to deposit the pigment on your brows. To finish, brush your brows in the same direction that your hair grows to restore their natural smoothness. Voila! You’re done.”
Types Of Eyebrow Gels
You can get numerous eyebrow looks just by using one of the multiple eyebrow gels that are available on the market.
There exists a wide variety of colors that you may choose from. It all depends on the natural color of your brows. It is highly possible that you can get an eyebrow gel in black, brown, or even a clear gel, which would give a more natural color to your eyebrows. However, if you have dark eyebrows like mine, it is better to go for a dark shade of brown. It is better to avoid a jet-black eyebrow gel, and it makes you look like they are pasted.
Eyebrow gels generally come in a packaged tube and look exactly like a bottle of mascara. This gives you the freedom to apply the gel simply and touch up your brows when you are in a hurry. This works the best for those people who have a quick makeup routine and cannot spend a lot of time standing in front of the mirror. It is a brilliant method to tidy up the brows, including those stubborn hairs that just keep sticking out.
You may also get an eyebrow gel in the packaging of a tube. However, their texture is a lot similar to an eyebrow pomade. They come with an eyebrow brush and help with smoothing of the brows.
The Best Eyebrow Gels You Can Get Your Hands On
Here is the list of the best eyebrow gels you can get in the market. These gels work like they are magic in a bottle.
- NYX Tinted Brow Mascara
- Glossier Boy Brow
- Wunder2 Long-Lasting Eyebrow Gel for Waterproof Eyebrow Makeup
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel
- Mac Brow Set
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
- Eyeko Brow Gel
- Marc Jacobs Brow Tamer Grooming Gel
- Maybelline New York Eyestudio Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara
- Chosungah22 Dong Gong Minn Brow Maker
The Bottom Line
Eyebrows gel is the ultimate step in the process of styling your eyebrows as per your desirable shape. You may apply them on top of your brows after shading them beforehand with a pencil. As per Maribeth Mardon,
“using eyebrow gel is similar to using hairspray for hair. Having defined eyebrows completely changes the appearance of my face. Brow gel provides definition to your brows and makes them appear fuller and lusher for the day.”
- Is It Ok If Your Parents Disappoint You?
- Is It Okay To Train Yourself To Become Ambidextrous?
- Is It OK To Implement Storyteller Tactics? Brands That Did It Well!