Facebook is one of the most used social media platforms. It has billions of users. This is why it is one of the most used platforms for marketing and communicating with others. In the last article, we talked about how to delete messages on messenger from both sides. We got quite a good response from our readers. While going through their comments, I came across a question, “ how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger ”.
So, I thought, why not take this as an opportunity and see whether there are any possible solutions that can help recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Messages On Facebook Messenger?
While you use Facebook messenger applications to conduct business and maintain a healthy engagement level with your audiences, losing a critical Facebook conversation can be really awful. In the worst case, your business might take the damage.
Since my readers were looking for an answer to how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger, I have done some research of my own. Here is what I found.
Also Read: How To Delete Multiple Messages On Mac?
However, before we get down the process of recovering deleted messages from Facebook messenger, here is an important note for you:
Facebook stores all the deleted information for 90 days. So, if you are trying to recover data that has been deleted more than 90 days ago, recovering deleted messages might be impossible.
Now that everything is being cleared out let’s get on with the solution.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Messages Via Unarchiving Messages
There are times when the conversations are archived. It simply means that the chat history is not on the list. That doesn’t mean you have lost your messages. You can check messages in the Archive folders.
Follow the steps to recover deleted messages from archive folders.
- Launch your Facebook Messenger application.
- Login to your ID.
- Go to the search bar and search for the conversation that you thought was deleted.
- If you can find the desired chat, send a normal message to the chat. The chat history will be unarchived.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Messages Using File Explorer
Facebook messenger might be an online application, but it follows the principle of “Off The Internet”. It means that no matter what data you are creating using Facebook Messenger, there will be a copy sorted in your device.
Well, this gives you an easy way to recover your deleted messages. You just need to locate the folder in your File Management Application.
The steps below will help you with that.
- Launch file explorer in your device.
- Go to the storage device.
- Look for the android folder.
- The android folder will contain a folder related to the Facebook Messenger application.
- Now Find Data Folder > Cache Folder > fb-temp.
Fb-temp holds backup files of the Facebook Messenger application. So, there might be a possibility that the deleted messages were backed up here.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Messages Using PC
Fortunately, Facebook knows that anyone can accidentally delete important messages. This is why they allow the users to recover the deleted messages directly. How? Follow the steps to know your answer.
- Login to your Facebook ID.
- Go to the setting.
- From the general account setting, select Your Facebook Information.
- You will be directed to a new page. This page contains all the recent information about you.
- So through the information and select the information you want to download.
- Once you start the download, you will be notified by email about the process.
- Now unzip the file and select the message option.
And this concludes the third solution to how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger.
Method 4: Data Recovery Software Application
If the methods mentioned above could not recover or retrieve deleted messages, try using data recovery software. Data recovery software is the thyroid party application supported with an extensive, complicated algorithm capable of scanning storage devices for data and, in our case, deleted messages.
The market is filled with several data recovery software; find one that perfectly fits your needs.
The following steps will give you an idea of how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger using data recovery software.
- Download and install the data recovery software.
- Connect your device to your system in which data recovery software is downloaded.
- Now launch the software. Mobile storage will be shown as a removal or external storage device.
- Run a quick scan to find deleted messages.
- Hover through the data and messages, select the ones you want to recover, and press recover.
All the files that you recover will be saved in PDFs.
That’s it for this post. I hope that this article was helpful and now you have the knowledge on how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger that I have enumerated in this article. If there are any other methods that you know, do share with us. I am sure my readers will certainly like to have more options.
- Which Social Media App Has A Ghost As Its Mascot?
- Is Real Estate Investment Trusts a Good Career Path in 2021 – Latest Updates
- Top 7 Oldest Companies In America – Latest Updates!